Any form of educatiol which improves local identity and strengthens citizens’ bond with their home town. It’s part of sectionalism.
- National programs – German and Croatian poetry meeting, theater presentation
( November –December )
- sub-regional modern dance gala – once a year in March
- RECRUITMENT AND TORCHLIGHT procession – 14th of March in every year ( sub-regional folk-dancing reunion)
- sub-regional arts festival of elderly people
- elderly people’s urban day
These courses, study groups, trainings and other forms of adult education help to improve the life chances of citizens, also contribute the growth of knowledge and training level of local people.
- Naturopathic Open University
- Iris diagnostics – once a month on a Saturday
The diagnostician can check the condition of the body by the help of a special machine, it’s called stereomicroscope. Diagnosis by Dr. István Tihanyi pediatrician, natural healer.
- City health week
- informative series for older people once a month
- film club
- baby-mama club
THE CULTURE OF CREATIVITY AND SELF-EXPRESSION
Experience-based communities and programs, series and local exhibitions which help express individual ambitions.
- historical and literary contests,
- „Cinema paradiso” – movie hours for elementary schoolsre
-„ Pántlika” – on the 3rd week in every month traditional program for children and families
Both children and adults can learn about folk-music and -dance, handicraft basic techniques and crafts.
- Contests, competitions
- „Tekergő” – games for youngers and olders. Games that develop smooth movements, logical skills, detection and observation.
- contests related to different anniversaries for elementary and secondary schools
- art exhibitions
- exhibitions of amateur artists, child-adult-retired categories
FESTIVE AND UNIVERSAL CULTURE
These are the products of the so called high culture, in the center of the programs and events are real values. This includes National Days’ programs, and programs of national and international anniversaries.
- Literary Cafe in connection with Poetry Day
- Literature exhibitions
- Poetry competition for young and old
- „Green days” – environment, Earth Day, World Water Day, World Cleaning Day
- Cultural houses day and night
- Folktale day
- Midsummer night
THE CULTURE OF LIVING WITH OTHER CHARACTERS
Getting to know differences, helping develop mutual tolerance and emphaty (by managing etnic, cultural, religious differences).
- meeting for disabled people
- romany programs
- World AIDS Day, anti-smoking day
PUBLIC CULTURE SERVICES
Giving information, guidance, spontanous and organized networking, publications about professional information.
- Media library, program guides